During
your work life you make a significant time and energy, in return your employer
provides a regular income and often many additional benefits. Many employers
provide short term and long term disability, pay into workmen’s compensation
insurance, unemployment insurance, health insurance, dental and optional
insurance.
Many
employers offer life insurance for workers and their families and even a 401k
savings plan so that you can defer income for retirement. Employers can really
be one stop shops for most types of insurance benefits.
Some
government and union employers continue these benefits for life along with pensions
that guarantee life time income.
However,
due to the high cost of providing health and income benefits most employers do
not provide any benefits at all after retirement. This is where I come in as a
Senior Health Advisor.
I keep you connected to information from government agencies and top insurance companies with @Senior_Advisor on Twitter.
Click this link to keep connected with me on Facebook Senior Health Advisor
This
video from United Healthcare illustrates a common problem I help seniors with
every day Welcome to
Medicare: Bonnie and the experts
Many
of the employers who do offer lifetime benefits are trying to contain costs by
scaling back the benefits offered to retirees. I help coordinate the benefits
you receive from with your retirement with government benefits and benefits you
can get through private insurance companies.
Benefits
can be complicated. Understanding benefits that are offered by Medicare, Medicaid,
VA, and former employer retirement benefits takes time, research and patience.
Most people lack experience and expertise in these matters. As people approach
retirement it is important to have a resource for advice on these matters,
because they are of critical importance to your successful, prosperous and
healthy retirement.
A
Senior Health Insurance Advisor does not just advise you only once. I am with you throughout your retirement journey helping you update your plan along
the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment